Tuesday 13 August 2013

Review of July 2013's GlossyBox, "Seaside Splash"

So, this was my first ever GlossyBox!! I was very excited to receive my box and couldn't wait to see what was in it.
My first product was a Ciate paint pot nail polish. Its in the colour 'island hopping' which is a goldy reddy shimmery colour (nice technical explanation there from me). This is a really nice nail polish and I am really pleased it was in my box. I have visited the ciate website (www.ciate.co.uk) and was very impressed. The colours are gorgeous and I will definitely be purchasing more of them.
Second was a coconut scented dry shampoo. I was pleased with this item as I have never tried a dry shampoo before. It smells really nice so I look forward to trying it.

Next up was a bamboo style boho waves tousled texture mist by Alterna Haircare. My hair is naturally wavy so I gave this one a whirl after washing my hair. I let my hair dry naturally, it definitely added volume and did help to keep the waves in place. So quite a good product but I won't be using it regularly as I generally straighten my hair.

Fourth product was a Coola organic mineral face sunscreen. I haven't tried this on yet as I am saving it for when I'm either abroad or its hot here.

Last product was ILA SPA face oil. I'm not keen on the smell of this product but it does make your skin feel really soft and it's not too greasy. The only downfall is a full size product is £75!!

So all in all not a bad first box :-)
I worked out that the value of the box is £24.67. Not bad considering you pay £10 per month plus p&p. Two of the products were fullsize as well (nail polish and dry shampoo).

No comments:

Post a Comment