Tuesday 25 February 2014

Purple nails in support of BEAT eating disorder awareness week

So for those of you who didn't know this week is eating disorder awareness week. In fact I myself wouldn't of known if it was for Emily Georgina Hackett. I am friends with Emily through a facebook group called All Things Nails. Emily had a lovely idea for all of us girls in the group to do purple manicures in support of this week as the group BEAT use purple as their ribbon colour.

                                               

BEAT provides support for adults and young people in the UK to beat their eating disorders.
www.b-eat.co.uk

Here is my manicure...

I used 6 different purples in my manicure, these were: Models Own 'Pukka Purple' and 'Purple Haze', MUA 'frozen yoghurt', Barry M 'Berry I/C', Rimmel 'Pompous' and Essie 'Nice is Nice'


here are some of the other girls mani's :-)

Below is Emily Georgina Hackett's manicure, she used OPI ink and PP Aurora


Next is one of Jennett Crawley's Mani's using a Zoya Pixie Dust

 

Below is Nicola Easton's Mani using Sinful Colours 'Professional Fig' and Rimmel 'Metal Rush'


Next up is an OPI liquid sand by Caroline Goodwill


Below is a holographic purple, this is Louise Leaning's mani using Lacquer Lust 'Tanzanite'


There are so many beautiful manicures by all of the lovely ladies and are still more being uploaded. Unfortunately I can't post them all. I am so glad I was able to show a little bit of support for this as it affects so many people in so many ways.

Thank you for reading.




1 comment:

  1. Love everyone's beautiful nails, such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete