Sunday 18 May 2014

Glossybox May 2014

There has been a lot of hype surrounding the May Glossybox (exciting collaboration and full size porducts). I was really excited to see what it was going to be but upon opening my box I was quite disappointed. Glossybox had joined up with Superdrug.


Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Superdrug is bad, I love Superdrug and shop there a lot. I was just expecting something a little bit more, like a big brand name or something. The reason they had teamed up with Superdrug is because it is their 50th anniversary.


I like the fact that the box itself is decorated rather than the normal plain pink, I also like to look at the product card but I must admit I never read the little magazine! There were 7 items in total in this months box.

First thing I had and my least favourite in the box was a pot of Solait Illuminating Facial Bronzing Cream. This is Superdrug's own brand and it is a 100ml pot worth £2.99. I wasn't impressed with this item as I am very pale and definitely won't use this. I was also suprised that I got this as I recently filled in one of their questionnaires saying that I don't use self tanning products.


Next is the L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes. I already have three mascaras at the moment (one of them from a previous Glossybox) so I wasn't totally excited with this product. However when I opened this to have a look I noticed that the brush was different to all of my other ones and it was really nice to use. Very impressed with this, no clumping and it lasted well all day! This is worth £10.99.



Another item that I am quite pleased with is the Scholl Velvet Smooth Overnight Mask. This is a cream that you wear overnight to make the skin on your feet smoother. I have been looking for something like this and after just two uses my feel heels are already starting to feel softer! This is £7.99 for a 60ml tube.


Next up is a quirky new idea. It is a spray moisturiser from Vaseline. It is coconut scented and is quite fun to use. It is quite good as it means you don't use too much moisturiser. It is a 190ml spray bottle worth £4.99.


My fifth full size item was a Sheer Conditioning Lipstick by B. I got it in the colour coral and it is worth £6.99. This looked a nice product but I have actually swapped this with someone as I would rather have the nail polish that came in some boxes. The colour was a fine choice for my skin colouring I just would use nail polish more than lipstick.


Two extra little items that were included were a Ghost Eclipse perfume sample and a sachet of Garnier Oil Beauty Lotion. I like getting perfume samples to try and I will definitely use the lotion.



So basically even though I received items that I would use and I do like I still feel disappointed with this month's box. I decided to start getting Glossybox to try new brands and new products. I have heard of all of the brands I have received and feel that I haven't been introduced to anything new! Cost wise it is worth the money as the box is worth around £34 but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I know I sound like I am contradicting myself a bit by saying I liked the products but wasn't impressed but hopefully you will all understand what I mean :)

Thanks for reading

George xx







1 comment:

  1. I loved my box, I love the Vaseline spray on moisturiser, it is beautiful.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete